Monday, June 15, 2009

Good Old Al Gore....


Despite the fact that most people believe that Al Gores message of the environment being in trouble as 'the sky is falling!!' type alerts, I for one think that it's true.

While I'm fulfilling my white person job as being enviormentally aware, I do think that we (and I say 'we' as in 'globally') have to figure out something to stop a total collapse of our environment. I mean really, have none of you people seen Wall E? We have Al Gore and cute, animated robots trying to get us to save the planet, what more is it going to take?!


And while it is true that history shows us that the earth goes through periods of warming and cooling, there's no denying the fact that we as humans are having some kind of negative impact on on earth. You can only sit there and mass consume, pollute, and litter for so long before it comes back and bites you. Anyone who thinks that we aren't at least partially responsible for this problem is ignorant, and part of the reason why we're here: people unwilling to believe new facts and change their ways for the good of man kind.

But, as I said in a previous blog, though, we need to sort ourselves out financially before we can save the environment, otherwise we're globally going to be in a lot of debt, and that will just cause bigger problems for us in the long run. My plan of action? Fix the economy, fix the environment, and then be on our merry way.


No comments:

Post a Comment