Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Big Issues


Okay so although my group and I (and  by 'my group' I mean 'CJ and I') thought that the biggest problem facing the world at this very moment was The Kids Today! (which I still stand by. Seriously, what is the world going to look like in 20 years when those twerps start running the place? All I can say is, I hope I die before I get old....)

But ANYWAYS, in all honesty I think that the biggest problem facing the world today is the economy crisis. Sure, some experts say that we can be looking at getting out of this thing by the end of the year, but here's how I see things:

Globally, things kind of suck right now: poverty, famine, disease, war, and not to mention global warming. In order to even start to think about fixing some of these things, we have to have the money and funds to do so, and as of right now, that's not an option. If we try to fix any of these issues right now, we'll have less money than ever before. 

If, however, we wait until (as a global community) we are financially ready to fix the tasks at hand, and then start to solve some problems, I think that we would all be better off. You can't start to fix something unless you have to the tools to do it, so if making this world a better one means waiting until we have the funds, I say we do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment